dbg
Si Senior

Bikes: Too Numerous (not)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Political Science

stapfam's post about the shopping trip prompted me to wax political about "leaving the country" --which is not so easy to do in the US. Many of us in the heartland could go a thousand miles in just about any direction and not leave the country. And most probably don't even have passports. So,... I might want to go to:

Canada: clearly our best friends (and anybody who says otherwise is itching for a fight).

Mexico: they love us but can't say it publicly for fear of deportation (I support full amnesty, but usually have to duck after saying that).

UK: wish I could summer in the west country. I do enjoy it over there.

France: definitely misunderstood by the typical heartland redneck (we all have elements of this) largely for their vocal stance against US invasion tendencies. Personally I'd consider them our oldest friend. Only a dear friend can presume to criticize and offer to be a "conscience"

Other foreign cities/countries I'd consider visiting... Dubai, Germany, anything on the Mediterranian, Bermuda, Australia (most definitely), New Zealand, New York, Detroit, ...

So where else have you travelled and connected with people??