View Single Post
Old 12-09-07, 05:22 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
MTB's for a better workout

Just saying.

Long time since I went out on the MTB but I got it ready in the week and as the weather is still bad- decided to take the Mountain bike out for a run instead of another wet ride on the road. Wind is only about 25mph today but rain was forecast so 9am and me and Martyn were out for a bit of Fun. First time out on the MTB for about 6 months so an easy ride. Only planned on about 10 miles but in the woods. A few slopes to see if I could still do them and a bit of mud to see if I still had the bike skills. Hadn't gone 1/2 mile and the rain started. It came on heavy and just got heavier as you can see from the last two pics- That is not camera shake- It is Rain. The Bianchi standing by the water- That water is a low ditch that is now full and overflowing the Path. Haven't seen it like that for a few years so the last couple of weeks of rain is beginning to accumulate. And we did find some Mud but there was no way I was getting the camera out in 6" of gloop. There was no way I was going to put my feet down in that stuff.

So had fun- am absolutely soaked and I will leave the bike out in the rain for another couple of minutes before I wash it down. Thank goodness we did not take in the hills as I am now freezing and feel worse than after a 50 mile road ride.

Edit-Another pic added to show the Winter trees. Now 4 hours since the end of the ride and it has not stopped raining since we got back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mtb1.jpg (38.1 KB, 28 views)
mtb2.jpg (52.3 KB, 30 views)
mtb3.jpg (58.7 KB, 22 views)
mtb4.jpg (45.9 KB, 22 views)
mtb5.jpg (45.6 KB, 27 views)
mtb6.jpg (58.3 KB, 18 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 12-09-07 at 08:34 AM.