Boss Moniker
It's an old photo

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hotbike
The reason I wrote this post was to encourage some custom builder to try something similar, i.e- a moped style, Fiberglass Ladies Bicycle.
Wait.. you're posting this here in hopes that someone else will start producing a similar type of bike (which is now legal because your patent ran out.. you did have a patent, right?) so that you can't be accused of price-fixing, i.e. operating a monopoly?

I honestly don't mean to offend, but this has got to be one of the strangest things I have ever witnessed. Maybe I'm missing something, but I am incredibly confused.

By the way, you're not going to be accused of operating a monopoly or investigated by the FTC or whatever unless you're producing thousands of units and demand is really high. And I frankly don't see demand getting too high. I'm surprised you sold one, especially for over a grand (good for you though!). I just don't know of too many people who say that they want a bike that floats (just in case), has a molded fiberglass seat (can you adjust it? Or do you sit anywhere on that beam.. doesn't look comfortable), can withstand slightly harder crashes (although the expensive part, the fiberglass fairing would be ruined), and they don't care how much it weighs. Not to say they aren't out there, but I can say for sure that there aren't a lot out there.