hobbsc
backwoods bicycle militia

Bikes: 2019 FIT PRK, 2019 WTP Avenger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back in the saddle

Well, for several months now, I haven't been able to commute due to schedule restrictions (been traveling between cities daily to finish up my schooling). I finally have a solid schedule for good now that I landed my first real job. I'm a Network Administrator now and I even have a place to store my bike in my office!

I also just bought a house in town where I work, the only issue is it's just 2 miles from the office, so I'll have to take the long way more often than not.

Tomorrow will be my first day commuting by bike in quite some time and I'm so excited that I can't sleep. I sure don't like to drive, but there's something about riding my bike that I can't shake. I have just enough gear to cycle through for a few days during the cold/wet weather before I have to wash my outfit. I think I'll just do my laundry a little more frequently until I can buy some more bad weather gear.

Dig the forecast for tomorrow:

MONDAY
LIGHT FREEZING RAIN LIKELY IN THE MORNING
THEN LIGHT
RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. ICE ACCUMULATION OF LESS THAN ONE
QUARTER OF AN INCH. HIGHS AROUND 40. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND
10 MPH IN THE MORNING BECOMING LIGHT. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
70 PERCENT.

MONDAY NIGHT
LIGHT RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT
WINDS BECOMING SOUTH AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN
70 PERCENT.

It may sound crazy, but I'm pretty excited about the bad weather as well. I used to welcome riding in all weather and I still do. As long as it's not hailing or lightening really bad, I'm out in it.

I scouted my route this evening by car and I'm ready to rock. Wish me luck!