Old 12-10-07, 02:28 PM
Roobah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got a used Santana Triplet! Need brake info!

Hi All, new guy to the forum here. We just got a Santana triplet this past weekend! It's in awesome shape and a real beauty. The neighbors thought the bike was new, it's in such nice condition. I've got to check with Santana when it was made but I believe it's a 93, 94, 95 model approx.

Some background...My wife and I have had a Santana Ariva tandem for about 5 years but have wanted to bring along our 5 year old daughter on the rides. Our two son's (10 and 11) are old enough to watch after themselves for an hour or so while we go for a ride. And of course they'll get some ride time also. Did a little spin around the neighborhood yesterday and I think I've got a couple hammers behind me! When they want to they can ride pretty strong.

Anyways on our tandem I switched the brakes over to V brakes with the Dia compe 287V levers with a thumb friction lever for the drum brake. The triplet has it's original canti's where the left lever works the Arai drum brake and the right lever works both front and rear cantis. Coming from years of riding single this setup just doesn't feel right to me so I want to switch it like I have the tandem. Disk brakes are not option since the frame doesn't have a mounting tabs.

So, are V brakes with Diacompe 287V levers still a good option? Also, any triplet teams have any advice for a family of 5 with a triplet? Thanks!