Old 12-11-07, 04:50 PM
redmist
outside agitator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Otis
Buy the one you think is prettier. I'm not trying to be flippant, I really believe that would be the only big diffrence between the two.
yes, i was thinking that there might not be much separating the 2 when it comes down to ride quality, and looks might be a deciding factor- though the mondonico is a hand-made special, and that has an obvious draw. the cinelli is a bright red, which i usually don't like, but the lugs are chromed, which i do like. decisions...

Originally Posted by Old Fat Guy
A 2002 Mondonico would be built by Antonio, I'm fairly sure. It should be easy enough to find out.
how does one find out? does the serial number on the bottom bracket tell the tale?

Originally Posted by Old Fat Guy
They are as different as day and night. What type of riding do you plan on doing? Do both come with the original forks?

After you decide which you want, tell us the size of the frames and location of the LBS.

If it's a 54, buy the Cinelli and let me have the Mondonico (I already have a Cinelli!)

the bikes both have their original forks, and the cinelli's is already mounted with a chorus head-set. i'm challenged in the height department at 5-7- both frames are 52's. can you elaborate when you say that they are as different as night and day?

as for my riding, i usually ride 3 times during the week to get my engine going in the morning, usually about 20 miles. then on weekends, i like to do anywhere from 30 - 50 mile runs- some hills, and certainly bad roads abound! i've been riding a single speed that i purchased as a commute bike, but now i'm getting into road biking again- i was an avid rider 15 years ago.

i'll let everyone know what i decide and the other will be up for grabs i should make a decision by the weekend and i'll be back with the usual stupid questions of how i should build it!

thanks all!

Last edited by redmist; 12-11-07 at 05:09 PM.