Old 12-11-07, 05:20 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by gr23932
Thanks T-mar,

...the front dérailleur and shifters are also Huret. That is what throws me off. I thought that the Gran record came with higher quality components.
There's nothing wrong with Huret, but the Eco is low end. Assuming a Grand Record or even Grand Touring, I also would have expected something better, which is why I asked about the front derailleur and shifters. But maybe it's not an Eco. The Success and Challenger had similar overall appearance but used primarily aluminum (and some titanium in the case of the Success). The pics look like like rusting steel and it doesn't have a barrel adjuster, which is way I said Eco.

Originally Posted by stronglight
My 76 catalog shows the Grand Touring as the only model with Vitus tubing, bocama lugs, Motobecane fork, clamp-on cable brake cable guides... but with generic Motobecane forged dropouts and fork tips and the older pattern paint, and also a different headbadge - on ALL the bikes.
Well, that would seem to narrow it down to 1977 as it doesn't match the 1978 Grand Touring or Grand Record, and while I don't have anything on a 1978 Grand Jubile(e), it was still using the old livery in 1979, which would also seem to eliminate the 1978 version.

So the question is which model? There seems to be arguments both for and against it being a Grand Touring or Grand Record.