Old 12-12-07, 05:11 AM
kc9eog

Bikes: Trek 1.1, Electra Ticino 7D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
Alternate chemistries exist to product plastic without petroleum. They just cost more.

Last night I listened to a radio show with a oil field Baptist preacher who at one time had executive rank in the Atlantic Richfield oil company. He witnessed the discovery of the largest oil deposit ever found in the USA. It is at Gull Island off the Alaskan coast. At the time, the president of the company was there and told him that the field of oil they discovered contained more oil than all of Saudi Arabia.

The next day the find was classified. He was told to never tell anyone about it. That was in the early '70's. In the years since that incident he has quit working for the oil companies. Just a couple of years ago he found out from an oil company executive he previously knew that the Gull Island oil field would remain secret until the price of oil reaches $150.00 per barrel.

The guy's name is Lindsey Williams and he wrote the book "The Energy Non-Crisis". www.lwoil.com. He tells the whole story in his book. He explains how oil companies control the flow of oil and that there is enough easy to get to high quality crude within the USA borders to last hundreds of years.

Please don't argue with me about his statements. He was in the boardrooms with the executives, not me. He is reporting what he learned while sitting in the board meetings with the most powerful people in the world.
Well I was there when we discovered a mistake in the calculations and determined the field isn't nearly as large as projected. Or I could be lying. Or the "oil company executive" could be lying. Please don't believe everything you hear.