Old 12-13-07, 12:32 PM
g-funk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sciencemonster
I took your advice and found a place to park in Sebastopol and forget Sonoma. I'm undecided whether to bike to Guerneville and do day trips out of there, or go city-to-city. My wife's sister's husband and I are fine just biking around and worrying about a dry place to sleep each night, where ever we find ourselves. I don't know that it'll be all that crowded that weekend. We could probably roll into a town and find a couple rooms. Of course, the girls would rather have reservations every night. THey have some kind of a problem with the remote possibility that we'd get stuck sleeping out in the rain in January
there are plenty of places to stay along the way. if you do decide to do day trip out of guerneville or even if you don't check out fort ross road out of cazedero off 116. it's a bit steep but relatively short and once you are on top on seaview looking over the coast it's amazing I see Tom Ritchey out there regularly. then the bomb down meyers grade and back into jenner or bodega is very nice. the stretch of hwy 1 between marshall(Hog Island Oysters!!!) and Bodega Bay is also very nice. Have Fun. the weather out here now is amazing. I hope it holds up for you.........