View Single Post
Old 12-13-07, 05:38 PM
mtnwalker

Bikes: '84 Centurion Accordo RS, '06 Gary Fisher Marlin, '06 Schwinn Fastback 27, '06 Litespeed Teramo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wanders
I had noticed a pattern that when police are on scene of an accident/traffic stop/harassment of local youths etc.. the other motorists are so busy rubbernecking that they oblivious to anything or anyone else around them.
I saw something similar a month ago.

A cop has a car pulled over at the side of the street. The cop and the driver and a passenger are on the sidewalk talking. As I passed the scene and went to the central turn lane to make my left another car coming the opposite direction and making a right turn into the same street I'm turning into plows into another car that is already halfway through its 3 point turn. I wasn't surprised too because I saw the driver of the right turning car looking at the police scene behind me as he was making his right turn. People can be complete idiots most of the time.

The female driver of the other car screamed "Oh my God! My car! I can't believe you hit my car!" at least 3 or 4 times as I passed them. I thought that was pretty funny. I don't know why.