Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tightwad
After reading the responses here thus far it occurs to me
that the burden of self defence falls on the cyclist which
is pure nonsense.

The best recourse is the legal defense and failing that
the use of force is all that is left that will actually work.
That said please remember we're talking about.......
Self Defence which allows for the use of deadly force if it
would be required.

With dogs this level of force is all they really would understand. Do we need cyclist riding armed? No, we don't.
However, until laws extend true protection to humans against
hostile pets it's either them or us. You take your pick.

Me...I'll defend myself by whatever means required.
I rode with a guy back in the day, who shall remain nameless, who showed me something with dogs I've never seen and can't imagine having the brass ones to pull off...

We were riding through an area that was just loaded with curs and mutts, who mostly didn't care about us at all, when we get chased by this nasty red looking thing with huge teeth. My buddy says "this dog is an idiot, and needs to be chained up"...and spins around and yells at the dog...the dog wheels back into the yard of this perfectly nice looking house...but then decides to run back at skinny climber dude...he stops, dismounts, and with the dog snarling at us, picks up a paving brick from the edging near the road and hurls it through the front window of the house...needless to say, me AND the dog are stunned...Dog runs up onto the porch, two felonious cyclists take off...and about a mile later he says "I hope that was the house that dog came from"

Never rode that route again.

Z