Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I think our path rules work just fine:
-No numeric speed limit;
-Pedestrians must allow cyclists to pass safely;
-Cyclists must yield to pedestrians
-Everyone must stay single file when others are around;
http://www.columbusrecparks.com/outd...rail_rules.asp

That means that pedestrians are supposed to stay out of the way to the right, but I have to yield to them, even if they are breaking a rule.

Like 3cannondales, I hate cyclists who go the wrong way on one-way streets. There is a little trafficked but narrow one-way street (more of an alley, actually) near a heavily used path. There are only two ways to get to the path--the one-way street or a street that has nasty bricks for about 100 feet. A lot of cyclists by-pass the bricks by going the wrong way on the one-way street. The problem is, there is only about a 3' wide part of the alley that is smooth, and it is on the left as you go in the correct direction. I have started to refuse to yield to cyclists going the wrong way. I hope they put a cop there to issue tickets.

That said, I think some pedestrians will not be satisfied until cyclists are banned from the bike paths. It is not pleasant to have bikes whiz past you, even at 10-15 mph. When I want to go for a walk, I NEVER use the bike path for that reason. Just like cyclists who don't like fast moving cars should stay off country roads, pedestrians who don't like fast (but safe) moving cyclists should stay of "multi-use" paths.

Edit: I should have said that the roadies were being idiots. It's one thing to rush into traffic risking your own safety, it's another to be nasty to others on or near the trail.

Last edited by Daily Commute; 08-23-04 at 02:21 PM.