View Single Post
Old 12-16-07, 06:03 PM
stevegor

Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
[QUOTE=mokaimo;5820081]Hey Steve,

I first saw your pics of the Wasp from the link in the Bsa 20 thread. That yellow and black bar tape compliments the seat and frame well. I chose the same stuff for my Speed, I'm hoping it does something for it's pea-soup green frame.

May I ask how you got the gripshift around the bends on your drop bar? I ground out a bit of the clamp to get a trigger shifter into the same position - but I don't imagine that's possible with a gripshifter...[/QUOTE]

Mokaimo,
I bought a set of 70's steel drops which have a narrower diameter than modern drops, ( it will not fit them), then cut the bar near the start of the curve of the drops, installed the shifter, then mig welded the lot back together and filed it smooth and clean, a bit "backyardish", but..... Sheldon Brown wished me luck with it as he was worried about fatigue failure, but so far so good and that includes commuting, this tour and a challenging bunch ride with the boys.
As I've posted before, my next lot of mods will probably include removing these bars and using a set of MTB flat bars with Origin 8 bar end drops so I can remove the shifter more easily, unlike now 'cos I will have cut the bars to remove it