Old 08-20-04, 10:51 PM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Dang it, there went one of my trail systems I frequent.

Decided today or yesterday(Depends on where you live) to go to Round Valley which is a good trail system has a bunch of tight twisty single track, one nice freeride trail(The Rail Road Bed) and great views. Get there and something just felt wrong about the whole thing. I realised what was wrong after the third twisting turn, they started to make the trail wide, so it could be a nontechnical boredom ride. Not only was it wide but they laid gravel over the sections, and usually where there is gravel there will soon be pavement. So at that point I am thinking that only a select part was like that, nope 13 miles in still bulldozed and had gravel laid on it. I was hoping at that point that they left the Railroad bed trail alone being that it was only one year old. Finally get there over half of it was bulldozed the driver was working on it. So I was mad that I wasted $10.00(They doubled the admisson price to park my car.) in order to get on a ruined trail system. I did confront who was responsible for the idea and the bulldozer driver.(I'm leaving that part out for obvious reasons). So now I'm down to my own trails and the echo hill/Aurboratum trails that Can be rode. When the echohill/aurboratum trails close I am seriously thinking about moving out to the vancouver area.