Old 12-18-07, 01:02 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibber
Thanks. It is a nice bag, but I also intend to follow-up with Amazon about the 'not as advertised' aspect of what was shipped. Assuming that they do not have the original offering and I keep the shipped bag, I need to black out the screen printed text. Annoying, but not tragic.

Did I read your post correctly - that some of the JIO bags (large enough for a bike) were available at dollar stores? That would be the group buy of the decade!

On the subject of material purchases: My wife and her friends are always on the hunt for the holy grail of fabrics. They do quilts, drapes, clothes, and the like. We have a dedicated sewing room (13x16), with three machines on one wall, a cutting table, etc. A few years back we did the "old mill" tour of Boston in search of the right stuff. She buys cartons from Wrights filled with what I might call junk, she and her friends call treasures! We humor each other. She also has two Singer featherweights (familiar with the 221?) and a collection of other antiques. I restore wind up phonographs (Victor and Edison), fix cars and bikes.
You read my previous post accurately. I bought some of my JIO bags from my local dollar store for 10 dollars. That is why I recommended you to contact them directly. They can point you to a retail store in your area, and if that is not an option, possibly ship one to you. The bag's logo that you are planning to buy could be quickly covered up with a 1. patch or embroidered decal of your choice, or 2. permament black marker that is not washable are some options to consider.

I sense a kindred spirit in your wife. I have to be careful in the amount of fabrics and other bulky items I keep in my single room right now as my house is being remodeled. But I do roam the Garment District for all that stuff. I really love the Singer 221 model. I don't own one but my ex's mother had one and still uses it to this day!