Thread: tikit on trial
View Single Post
Old 12-19-07, 02:25 PM
scarabeoguy

Bikes: Bike Friday Air Glide, Lemond Zurich, Windcheetah Club Sport, Catrike 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by makeinu
It you watch the videos it appears that, when in stores, she prefers to park the bike somewhere instead of keeping it in hand. To me that kind of defeats the purpose. Seems like it would be easier for someone to walk off with it while you're looking at merchandise than if you locked it on the other side of the glass (outside).

All in all it seems that the way she is using the bike she'd be better off with a Brompton. She'd have more success sneaking past guards with the smallest possible package. Likewise for stuffing the bike under the table at restaurants or under store displays. Apart from differences in ride quality it seems that the Tikit's greatest advantage over the Brompton is the ability to roll the bike when completely folded, making it easier to keep in hand. The fact that Lynette isn't keeping it in hand makes me suspect that perhaps it isn't easy enough (too unbalanced? too heavy to hold upright without a stand? just too big to be next to your body in a store aisle?).
You know I agree with you. I think this Lynnete Video is a Bike Friday conspiracy to take away Brompton sales. Yeah it's to heavy, unbalanced and you certainly can't hold it upright without a stand. Also, I'll bet the wheels are even hard to turn. And guess what, like you, I know all this and I've never even riden one. Wow!!!!!.