Old 12-22-07, 11:33 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Well, since you ask, I did try a jet engine experiment. Keep in mind that I'm a Navy aircraft carrier veteran, and I have a flame ******ant uniform.
Should I show a picture of the bike? It's the same bike that's in my avatar.

Anyway, I tried building a fire inside the fairing, on the theory that expanding exaust gasses would help propel the bike.

I found that there is forward force (propulsion) if I first pedal the bike to at least 12 MPH.

I had it going good one night, with a fire in an aluminum baking pan in the compartment under the fairing.
(kerosene and a rag, for a wick.)

The bike was going 24MPH when I stopped pedaling, and accelerated to 28 MPH.

It was around midnight, so there weren't many cars on the road, But Then; a blue Oldsmobile pulled out of a parking lot and started chasing me.
I had to pick up the burning baking pan and drop it in the road. The Olds ran it over and burst into flames.

Note:
I used a mixture of 40% aluminum powder in the resin, to make the fiberglass fire resistant.

Okay , I'll post the picture of the bike again. If you've seen this bike before, please don't complain, some of the readers may not have seen it before: