Young and unconcerned

Bikes: Yeah, I got a few.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just some ideas...

Originally Posted by the shark
I believe I am gitted decently, but boy it takes gettging used to.
Doesn't really sound like it based on 1, 3, & 3B. In fitting a TT bike, there's some compromise to be made between power and aerodynamics. You have to find an ideal point between the two. You may have been set up for a fantastic aero position, but if you're having serious troubles with it, even after a little while to get used to it, obviously you're not going to have as good of a time as you might do if you sacrificed a bit of aerodynamics to power and comfort.

2)Neck - this is main issue as I strain to look up -down the road from Aero postion - my neck hurts. I would look more downward but want to see cars pulling out etc.
You may be expecting too much in terms of visibility. And why are you riding a TT bike with cars around? Look up every 20 seconds or so for turns. Otherwise look down at the road immediately in front of your wheel. Position your head as appropriate for your aero helmet.

4) Some slight pain behing one knee - mighth be nothing.
Possibly a pedal or cleat position issue... or are you used to shorter cranks?

5) Felt I could not breather as well - might widen bars a bit as my shoulders are broad - 44 inch chest.
Try moving your TT bars outwards a bit, if you can. This ought to open up your chest a bit. Or are you so low that your knees are coming up into your chest? Or is there too little space between your seat and your bars? Can you extend your bars forward at all to open up a bit??

Last question - how long does it take to settle intp position and get to full power - 1-2mts?
20-30 seconds?

Without seeing you on your bike, it's hard to say, but you might alleviate some of these problems by raising your bars up a bit. You'll lose a bit on aerodynamics, but as noted, it's about finding an optimal compromise. Also try working on your flexibility by stretching, etc. Possibly working on your stomach muscles so they can bear a bit more weight and give your back muscles a bit of a break.

Last edited by Treefox; 12-23-07 at 10:49 PM.