Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dusk
Okay....I'm not getting soft warm feelings about your shop. Sounds like they put a BB for a triple crank in your bike and it should have been a double Do you have a double or triple? If have a double and you have a double front D and now have a triple BB you have two choices buy lost of cables or get the right BB back in the bike. The only reason to put a wider BB in a bike is if you are touring and can't wait for the right part. Even then you are going to replace the BB with the correct one ASAP.

I would only cut the shop some slack if you were yelling at them to just fix the F*@!#$*^ the first time. If so you bad!... other wise....Bad Shop...no repeat customers.

Ask yourself after breaking two cables….does it seem to work. If it wasn’t the shop manager or the owner that worked on your bike. Talk to them they will see the problem and want to get you the right BB. If it was…..the Shop manager the Owner should help. Other wise tell everyone that name of the shop and what happened. Vote with your feet! Don’t walk into the store again.
I know i have shop issues, not the least of which is that it is the only one in my city. I have a triple front chain ring on my mountain bike. I didn't like the fact that they put a wider BB in but i haven't made any noise yet. I guess my question is: Can you break a derailler cable by tightening the thumbscrew? While riding?

Last edited by Portis; 08-23-04 at 05:56 PM.