View Single Post
Old 12-28-07, 02:18 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
OT - How to spend a day on your back

Still hobb(it)ling from my pre-Christmas snow shoveling injury, I decided to spend the day in a way that I had planned to do someday ... watching all three Lord of the Rings movies back to back to back. I decided to do it even though they cut my character out (they couldn't do me justice).

Now if I watched the movie theater versions, watching all three would have taken around 9 hours. But seeing as how I have the widescreen, extended editions, the three total to 682 minutes, or 11 hr 22 min. On my 47" HD set and 7.1 audio system, the effect was sensational. Loved every minute of it - so much that I was a bit sad when it ended.

I've read the books 4 times over the years, about once every decade. Will do so again if I'm able around 2010 or 2011.

I am attracted to the new Rivendell Bombadil bike due to the name, but that won't be enough to get me to pay $3000 for a bike that won't fit me. I wonder if I can buy some Bombadil decals to put on one of my bikes?

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post