View Single Post
Old 12-28-07, 11:36 PM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by makeinu
I was looking to buy a Tikit, but I fell in love with the Mu SL.

However, I'm still considering a Pacific Reach Swivelhead once it is released. The level of comfort provided by the Stelvio tires and the Pantour suspension hub of the Mu SL gave me hope that perhaps the skinny tired (451 rims), fully suspended Pacific Reach Swivelhead could be the bike for me. If not then I very well might end up with a Mu.

Used the seatpost as a handle and pushed it in front of me.
Well as much of a Tikit cheerleader as I am what really makes me happy is when someone says they love a bike - regardless of which make or model...

Just a caution about the Pantour. I've read lots of posts by dissatisfied owners regarding durability issues. I haven't followed the topic closely, but unless you are 100% on the Pantour I'd spend a little time investigating them. Try a search on www.bentrideronline.com there seems to be a few folks on there that have used Pantour hubs.

I tried using the seat on my D7 to move it around, but the whole process of getting it setup seemed awkward and kind of a hack vs. the way the Tikit folds and the handle lets you roll it around - even with the cover on.

Your posts have got me thinking that perhaps I'm painting all Dahons with the same brush due to my D7 experience. I'll have to go down to my Dahon dealer and fold/roll all the Dahons they have on the floor.

I'd like to try a fully suspended folder and see what the ride was like. I like the look of the Birdy's, but they're even more rare than Tikits or Bromptons where I live!