View Single Post
Old 12-29-07, 12:32 PM
cyclistjohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pieralberto
....I feel great on my new bike however I can hit the wheel with the tip of my shoes if I have them perpendicular to the hub. usually I hit the wheel on trafic lights, no problems while riding yet. My wuestion is should i change the crank to a shorter one and then raise the seat post? I can move the cleats anymore. Im just afraid that if one day I hit that wheel while flying I'll be landing in the floor.,
Hello Pieralberto,

I find that very interesting, as in another thread on wheel size, I mentioned that I'd recently seen a TV "Bad driving" type documentary showing a clip of a woman on a big wheeled bike catch her foot in the front wheel riding away from traffic lights, & fall off!

I finally managed to find a European supplier of cranks that aren't a cardiac inducing price, & have ordered a set. When they arrive & I've fitted & tried them, I'll report back, as I want to try them on 2 bikes. I'm interested in a couple of "side effects" of shorter cranks.

I suspect the seat post will have to be raised to compensate for the reduction in crank length.

Did you mean to write "can't" move the cleats?