Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
you really don't get it do you, roody?

I'm not asking for advice, I'm deconstructing vehicular cycling. It's kind of entertaining.

How can you stand it being to the right of traffic that might turn right as you bicycle along in a shared lane and there's steady traffic? How do the rabid VC stand for this distinctly UN-vehicular position?

why is it okay for the 'vc crewe' for a bike to be of the right of steady traffic at potential right hook intersections?

D
I got the sarcasm a long time ago, but I don't see the point of it. It's like laughing at a three legged dog. I mean, the dog doesn't mind his own condition, and he isn't bothering anybody else, so why go to the trouble of pointing it out?

I can't speak for the whole vc crew, but for me it is vehicular for slower traffic to travel to the right of faster traffic. Maybe you've heard of the fast lane on the freeway? The fact that the lane's shared doesn't matter to me at all. I learned how to share when I was in kindergarten. Back then, if I had a whole bag of candies I would share them with my classmates, but if I only had one candy I would eat it myself (or give it to the cute kid I had a crush on). Nowadays, if the lane's wide enough I'll gladly share it, but if it's too narrow I'll hog it all to myself. What's the big deal about that?

"Think Outside the Cage"