Old 01-01-08, 11:04 AM
2wheeled
Cheers!

Bikes: Scott Addict R15, Cadd 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=BruceH;5902755]Thanks for making me feel welcome. This is an awesome forum... there's must be everything there is to know about bikes here and I haven't even scratched the surface.

East Hill, I live in Erdington just a couple of blocks from Pype Hayes park where they have the Guy Fawkes bon fire each year. My wife's the real deal Brummie but has lost her accent as we lived in the States 25 years before coming. Most think she's an Aussie.

I've yet to go to Suffolk, 2Wheeled. Hopefully this year I'll do an audax ride thru some of it. From where in Suffolk are you?

Hi Sianelle, my Dawes is not so vintage (2004) but it's a wonderful touring bike. I'm after a little more zip while I still have some left in me ; ) There's several guys in my club (N B'ham CTC) who collect vintage bikes and it's wonderful to see the old Hetchins, Carltons, BSAs, and many others. I'm pretty ignorant and never knew how big bicycle manufacturing was in England - quite a bit right here in Birmingham.[/
QUOTE]

I'm from a little town called Saxmundham, it's 10 miles from the coast and dead center between Lowestoft & Ipswich.

For touring rides, I'd recommend the Lavenham/Sudbury area. It's a little west of Ipswich.