View Single Post
Old 01-01-08, 11:31 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I have these and really, really like them.

I live in Seattle are...winter here is not ultra-cold, but there is plenty of wet. Typical winter day here is 35 to 40 degrees and light to heavy rain, and they are great in this temperature range.I've worn them since early November in weather from the high 20's to the mid 40's and in all kinds of wet (from just water on the road to pretty heavy rain).

With regular-weight socks, they are plenty warm down into the high 20's. I am guessing that with heavier socks they would be plenty warm at much colder temperatures.

I've worn them in weather as warm as about 45 degrees, and they are warm, but not suffocating.

I can't compare these with other brands because I was looking around, found these, and really liked 'em.

One thing to note -- they seem to be sized to accommodate thick socks. So I ended up buying exactly the same size as my road shoes, and they accommodate thick socks just fine.