Old 01-02-08, 09:54 PM
crackerjab
WTF is that smell?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike fell off car at 60mph

So I was bringing someone to the airport today cruising along at about 60mph on East Independence Blvd here in Charlotte when I look in my rearview and see my bike begin to detach from my bike rack. WTF? Half a second later my effin bike is doing endos on the pavement at 60mph. Traffic is ridiculous and I'm freaking out thinking someone is going to run it over. Luckily my bad luck had been so bad lately that a greater being didn't think I could take another blow and everyone managed to avoid my running over my bike. I managed to pull over, go and get the bike out of the middle of the lane and try to sort out what the hell happened. I of course think the worst and considering what had just happened the bike suffered only minor damage. Stem knocked out of place, seat twisted and torn, a couple of scratches on the brake levers, and a bent front rim(which I trued enough to still go for a light ride). I will have to bring it to the LBS to get them to get the rim completely trued but other than that, that's all that needs to be fixed. Lucky considering what could have happened. As far as the bike rack goes, it's a saris bones trunk rack. Not sure why this happened but the straps that wrap around the frame decided that they wanted to just rip off of the rack. Saris will be getting a letter and some photographs regarding this.