View Single Post
Old 01-03-08, 07:41 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gojohnnygo.
15F Below Zero + Moose Mitts = Warm Hands.

http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KSLK.html <---My ride temps this morning.

Stop buying gloves/lobster claws and buy a pair of Moose Mitts/Pogies I never though it would be possible to have warm hands in these temps. Yes they are a bit bulky but not overly large. Once you get use to them you don’t even notice them. I just used a thin pair of wind stopper fall riding gloves inside the mitts. Eleven miles later my digits were toasty.

I highly recommend them to anyone who rides in brutal temps. My rating 5 stars.
I got a Amex bonus card from the boss so I ordered a MTB and a Road Moose Mitt. I use bar-end shifters on two of my road bikes - I hope the road version works. At least the single speed will. I bought an electric assist MTB with Nexus 7 hub to help push my Nokians over uncleared MUP during winter. It makes sense to get a solution to cold hands to complete the package.
Tomorrow morning is an unusual low teens day; to bad I don't have the Moose Mitts now!