Old 01-04-08, 12:24 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by Rahzel
Question--would it be too nerdy to ride with hard knee pads for at least the beginning of the season? The last thing I want to do is re-aggravate this injury before an event.
Not at all too nerdy, but would it be comfortable? Do you think you will crash again and hit the knee.
Also even though the damage came from external blow, continuing to use the knee may aggravate it - or it could help it heal.

Just as an aside, my brother who has lived in Switzerland (Zürich) for many years was right hooked by a motorist several years ago - with minor injury, but messed up bike. The driver jumped out of car checked on him, then she called to police to report she had hit him. She offered to take him to the hospital and cover all expenses. My bother assessed the damage to bike and later told her the actual repair cost. She paid immediately and later followed up to check if he was fully healed and if there were any additional expenses that had not been covered. My brother explained it to me that that when a cyclist is hit it is the motorist fault (not legally) and motorists will generally response accordingly.

Al