Old 01-05-08, 01:20 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The best thing about Macs running out of the box is the software it comes with which is tuned for exactly the sort of enthustiastic creative user like yourself. It has photo software that links to web software that means you can publish new pages, galleries in a fluid transparent workflow which is a fair bit more elegant than cobbling together stuff on disaparate applications.

It's oft said that Macs are more expensive than PCs, and at one time this was indeed the case but I think there's a real competitive edge on the pricing these days and what you do get makes you feel all snuggly when you open it. I don't hear of such feelings often when opening and using a Dell

Sorry - don't mean to bash the PCs. What I mean is - people like macs for a reason and it's for the same sort of reason people like high end Bikefridays. Something about the build, the far-sightedness of the design, the soul y'know.

I'll shut up now before my mysticism goes up my bum.

If anyone is considering a Mac laptop - it's maybe worth waiting till Jan 15th as there are likely to be new lightweight models (maybe with battery saving flash hard drives) launched as well as performance hops on the existing range.