View Single Post
Old 01-09-08, 08:28 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 902 Posts
I was really really close to getting the RM Vertex 70. But because of this situation I didn't get it.

I loved the way the bike was set up, the groupo that was chosen for the bike really worked well with it. I was impressed by the fact that the frame was powder coated rather than painted, with the Easton tubing. They did a fine job on the it as a whole, the welds, etc....

I had paid for the bike and a couple of days later went to pick it up after they did the "final check". It was then that I noticed the stanchion on the fork was scratched enough (with a slight indentation - how did THAT happen??) to concern me about leakage. I told them I wanted the fork replaced. They said that because it was a fork that came with the bike, they had to talk to RM first. They had to remove the fork, send it to RM. A month goes by and no word from the LBS. Meanwhile, my bike is sitting in the back room on the floor, leaning against other random things (I peeked in on it). When I call them, they say that RM had not responded with a decision to replace the fork. I waited another 2 weeks. Nothing. I popped in to talk to them again and to check on the bike. It was in the back room, on the floor, with other bikes waiting to be repaired leaned up on it (my frame!!)

I told them that if they don't reply to me in another two weeks, I want my payment back.

Another three weeks went by. In the meanwhile I went ahead and bought a Kona. They finally called me and told me that they won't replace it but I can buy a new fork and will get $130 credit toward the new one, which will be close to $500.

I didn't think that was fair since I paid for a new bike (I never took delivery of) and shouldn't have to buy a replacement fork.

The bike itself is awesome but watch out for customer service. I'm not sure if it was RM or the LBS that really wasn't pushing the issue of replacement here but I didn't want to have that kind of service in the future should I need it.

But that bike...it was beautiful....
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.