Old 01-10-08, 12:32 PM
Miguelangel

Bikes: Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what a way to start 2008

After a beautiful new years ride i started doing my daily mileage in a park that has neat bike lane where many roadies go to train. The municipality is proud of this park as they say it a safe place to ride bikes...I started going there for the last few months and I have always complained to the security guards how is that they let people ride without lights at nite and yngr kids wothout supervision... the guards reply that although is in the parks rules they dont enforce it...well it happened.. i was doing a slow recovery, after finishing my first century last saturday, at 13 mph and out nowhere a 14/15 year old jumps in my lane no lights no helmet in one of those heavy k mart trick bikes... i had no time to stop so i crashed his front wheel and i flew....nothing happened to the kid and he left his bike and ran away not to be found... i was left with a hurt back and my left collarbone broken...shoot!!!! The Dr. said in 3 weeks it shud be ok and then we shall see if i lost mobility...i talked to a lawyer today and well meet next week..i am planning to sue the municipality and the security company.... i hope i can show them a lesson.... has anyone been tru something similar??? any suggestions????
BTW, the lanes have video survlliance or so they say, im planning to look for the tape...