View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 03:31 PM
orangepaint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone wanna help me build a bike?

So I've decided I would like to begin track racing. I've ridden fixed on the street but only on a conversion. I'm on somewhat of a budget and ideally, I'd like this build to cost <$1000 but I might end up going over by a bit.

So here's what I'm thinking.

Frameset:
Kilo TT frameset via BikeIsland
Soma Rush
Bareknuckle

Now I know the Bareknuckle is definitely the best out of the three. However, it is also a bit more expensive and I was wondering if it is worth the extra price. The Rush is also a bit more expensive than the Kilo TT and looks very appealing on paper. Would this be a better choice?

Hubs:
Suzue Promax
Dia Comp Gran Compe
Miche Primato Pista

I hear good things about all of these. Which is the best value? Am I better off getting Formulas

Rims:
Tubular or clincher?

If tubular, I'm probably going to end up with Mavic Reflex. If clincher, I will go with Open Pros. Any other ideas?

Cranks:
Sugino 75's

Any other suggestions in 144 BCD(I don't wanna shell out for Dura-Ace or Campy)?

BB:
Here's where I'm kinda lost. 75 is ISO and it seems like my only choices are either Campy or corresponding NJS parts. I don't wanna pay for the NJS BBs so I guess what I want to know is whether Campy makes mid level BBs(Centaurish) in appropriate spindle lengths.

Pedals:
I'm going for Look style but that's all I have at this point. Suggestions welcome.

Cockpit:
I'd like to run deep drop track bars but beyond that, I know little. Suggestions for both threaded and threadless systems welcome.

Thanks in advance for all your help!