View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 09:39 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nooooooooooo!

Dont even start thinking that way. I feel that way every time I pick up a tool. It's just lack of confidence because YOU'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE! Do NOT feel like you can't ask questions! You just have to suck it up, accept that you need help, and fire away.

We all tease you because we like you, and we're totally up for all your questions. We're prepared for it, anticipating it, and support you! Isn't it great the internet is here!

But get Zinn's and try to stuggle through it yourself. As you do more, you'll be able to easier identify the points you get truly stuck. Read Zinn's, the blue book, and then go to Sheldon's site before you ask. Not because you're bothering anyone, but because it's the process of learning.

You can do it!

(I just spent 2.5 miserable, life-sucking hours setting up a HD TV/Cable box/older TV/home network thingie with no freaking directions to the cable box. I made 4 calls to the companies to get information. I'm having a service come out on Monday to mount the TV on the wall, and setting up my stuff is included in the price. But I thought I should try and set it up on my own, first, so that I could stay familiar with the equipment and so that I knew that I had all the cords I needed for the upgrade. This is the stuff that keeps our minds young!)