Old 01-12-08, 11:07 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Most foks I have seen in gyms or anywhere are very supportive of folks learning new activities. I was swimming this morning, and there was a guy taking a private swimming lesson who was about 40. Reminded me of myself, because I really learned how to swim by taking lessons when I was about 40.

Why not talk to the instructor of ther spinning class - catch her/him just before or after or make an appointment, and explain your situation, that you would like to take a spinning class but need to start out slow and easy. If the instructor is any good at all, they will be very supportive and offer suggestions. If they don't do that, then find somewhere else.

This winter I am

1. Bicycling when I can - I bicycle if I have the time and the temp is above about 35F or so, and the paths are clear.

2. Swimming quite a lot - about 4 hours per week.

3. Walking a lot.

4. Doing a lot of weight lifting

5. And, when I can't find anything else to do, I use my trainer!!!!

I stopped by one of our spinning classes the other day. The place was totally packed with about 25 folks, most dressed up in their full Lycra, skinny stomachs and $200 bicycling shoes. It was a bit intimidating, to say the least! And the instructor is a friend of mine. However, I know I would be welcomed and supported if I took another class.

I took one spinning class, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. But you might. Give it a try.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-12-08 at 06:54 PM.