twobikes
Healthy and active

Bikes: mid-60's Dunelt 10-speed, Specialized Allez Sport Tripple, Trek 7.2 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yeamac
I am 6'1" and got down to about 192, and checking some of the charts on weight (no links handy, sorry) I was STILL considered overweight by most charts, with them saying I should be under 189 or maybe even 180 to be in a healthy weight category. I remember one chart saying if I got under 144 pounds then I would be considered too thin, but anything from like 144-180 was a healthy weight for me. Anything higher I was considered "overweight." I would imagine at your height and weight the charts would be about the same.
Last week I awoke during the night and listened for a while to the radio I have on the nightstand with ear buds and a key pad for tuning. I do not remember the program, but they were discussing a test, the results of which were that men with a little extra weight and "love handles" have more favorable mortality rates (longer lives) than those who weigh what the charts say they should. It was quite a shock to the medical community. I need to do a Google search for that study.