Thread: Clipless pedals
View Single Post
Old 08-30-04, 08:55 AM
HereNT
無くなった

Bikes: I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seely
Should have gotten Mallet C's... eggbeater core w/ a full platform... very comfortable in street shoes.
Those are the ones I have. One thing about street shoes, though - I found I wanted to drop my seat about a cm when I rode them without clips - seemed I was stretching further this weekend wearing my steel toes.

As far as never going back, well, this winter I'm going back. But I have a lot of snow and ice to deal with, it wouldn't be wise to try that with clipless. I often have to put a foot down at a moments notice when I try to bust through a 2 foot high snowbank or find myself fishtailing. There's no way that I want to do that with my foot glued to the pedal.

For clipping out, I've found that doing it when the pedals are parallel to the ground and there is still motion in the cranks the best. But I ride fixed, so that may not work for everyone. The reason that I like it is that you have no chance of running your toes into the crank arms when they are under your toe. Fast is also better - the slower you turn your heel out, the less likely that the clip will release.