lofter
winning magazine junkie

Bikes: top end gitanes and some funky ones too

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Barker
You're fine. I'd stick with 7/8 speed chains. SRAM PC-46/58 are good and reasonably priced.

Modifying one of the Gitanes?
no i have a 80's carbon vitus im tinkering with , seeing how light i can get it . im turning it into a tt bike to play with and not have to spend big $$ on. im puting on some old and some new.i put on modolo cabon friction shifters , bought some rev-x carbon tubular wheels with the screw on freewheel, putting on a six speed maillard freewheel that comes in at 145grms, looking for a regina hollow pin chain . i was just wondering if a stronglight carbon crank would work with the old chains, if there was any difference in thickness of the chainrings or spacing between the teeth that would give me probs going from big ring to small or vice versa and if i would have any probs with friction shifting. im using huret jubilee derailleurs.
i was wondering if they make a carbon seat post in a 23.9 mm , but i havent seen any. i have a light rubis in there now. so no biggy if they dont. going to put on a light carbon saddle. it has a stronglight a-9 headset , takes a 1 inch quill, i see cinelli makes a 1 inch stub quill so you can put on the new type stem and tt bars setup . wolber neo pro 18 sewups . its has taken me awhile to piece it together. like i said a mix and match of new and old.