Old 01-14-08, 07:21 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Child-free Living

Nope, not you empty nesters... This is directed to us 50+ers who never had kids.

How has it affected your life? Have you done anything in life to get your "kid fix"?

For me, I think that being child free has kept me more like I was as a youth since there was nothing really telling me that I was getting older.

My ex and I did not have kids because of medical conditions that occured a year after our marriage. And we did not feel that adopting children was what we wanted to do.

For "kid fixes" my ex and I would borrow friends kids for the day, take them to Marshall Scotty's for the day, get them sugared up and drop them back at their parents. One year, I played Santa to my niece and nephew because everyone else in the family had decided not to exchange gifts and it was my first good year after school. Other things were helping with the local Soap Box Derby as technical directory, and teaching after school classes at the Boys and Girls Club.

Bicycle-wise, well the niece got her first bike that year, and other years I have contributed bicycles to others Christmas drives.

Last edited by Artkansas; 01-14-08 at 09:53 PM.