Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Are you in a Spinning Class?

How many of us are in spinning classes this winter (apologies to those of you who are experiencing summer right now )?

I just started again this year ... first class was today. WOW!! Am I out of shape!!

Last year I attended 12 classes over a period of 6 weeks, and I rode my trainer on many of the days in between the spinning classes. My climbing skills improved noticably. I went from slogging up hills (but at least cycling up them) at the end of the previous season, to climbing hills on Vancouver Island in the first week of April, on a 200K and a 400K brevet, like they were flat. My pedal stroke also apparently improved. I didn't particularly notice that, but a couple people commented on it.

I have one class a week, on Mondays, this time, and they go until early April. However, I may see about dropping in on a Wednesday class too, at least till the middle of February. I have to be in good cycling (and bathing suit) shape by the middle of February.

What a workout this class was!! We did sprints (what I'd call intervals), and hill climbing simulations (standing and pedalling). I wished I had my HRM with me, because there was one point I think I was getting pretty close to my MaxHR. She did provide us with easier times too, so we could catch our breath and get our heart rates down to something reasonable. Thank goodness. I was a pool of sweat at the end ... I need to drink more, and I need to remember to turn the fan on before we start. But I felt like I got a good workout out of it!

---------------
My current exercise schedule looks something like this ...

Walk about 3 kms a day, Monday to Friday
Spinning on Mondays, and possibly also Wednesdays
Trainer (or cycling outside) on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

I'm debating if I want to workout in the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays or just stick with walking on those days. I'm also debating if I want to pay the $5 drop in fee for the Wednesday classes or just ride the stat bikes in the gym.
---------------

So ... if you're in a spinning class how is it going?