Old 01-15-08, 09:14 PM
Mr. Smith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by folder fanatic
Hello Mr Smith and Welcome!

I am an owner of 2 (yes 2) Dahons at present. One is a 20 inch Boardwalk converted to a three speed and the other is a 16 inch Piccolo. I am able to ride both in full business gear. I have ridden both for over 15 miles at times (although I don't make it a regular habit of it). While these 2 bikes are no longer available anywhere except used-both models have ceased production-there are other choices available. Try out the Speed D7 and 8 models. They are both have steel frames. The D7 comes with the rear rack and fenders that commuters with nice clothes need. The Speed 8 does have better components (including the fantastic Big Apple tires), but you could add the rear rack and the fenders if you wish. Please check out my Web sites on folding bikes below. And let us know if you have any more questions and what you decided to purchase.
I ordered a Bike Friday tikit today. It should be here in a month or so as they apparently customize it somewhat. I decided to go for it because they have a 30 day money back guarantee. Should I find something I like better in the meantime, I'll return it, but I have high hopes this is the correct bike for the job. Thanks all!