Map tester
I am not a car

Bikes: Giant Revel 1, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dear gentle thread participants,
RainmanP shared his thoughts on what some of us are discussing on this thread. I can see that what is being created might seem overkill to some, or even most cyclists. However, we do have our reasons for posting here--to share what works and what don't, new types of lights or power sources and our own individual ways in installing things. We also have reasons for wanting the type of lighting systems we are trying to create here: some of us are commuting early enough in the morning (or late enought at night) to need significant lighting. My wife, son, and I ride together every morning and it is getting darker every day. I have a real fear that someone won't see us before they hit one of us. I want car drivers to really see us and not miss us in the blaze of lights in an urban enviroment.

I post this not to discourage anyone from posting here, only to state that we know we are geeks (or at least I will own up to that label ) and we have knowledge that we are off the normal scale here. As far as total candlepower goes, I believe in "winning throught superior firepower".

I will now step off my soapbox and return to our regularity scheduled thread...