Old 01-16-08, 07:00 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Portis
I've never experienced exactly what you describe. But I have had a couple weird experiences in my 5 winters of riding. On two different occasions during the winter I have woken up in the middle of the night completely ice cold and shivering.

I remember one night i was shaking/shivering so bad that i could hardly walk into the bathroom to get into the tub of steaming hot water. I remember that the bath water i was running was almost as hot as i could set it and the water still felt cold to me. That was very surreal and i never will forget it.

The other time I just remember waking up freezing cold and soaking wet. A hot bath brought me around that time pretty quickly.

I never did understand why those things happened but i always attributed it to my winter riding with no real reason to, it's just my belief. I always suspected that my body's thermostat just got screwy and forgot how to regulate itself.

Yah, well in your case I think it's the Kansas winds shaking up all your internal wiring!!!! The coldest I've ever been, bar none, was one November in Kansas. I must not have dressed warm enough, but that wind chilled me to the bone.