View Single Post
Old 08-31-04, 11:54 AM
scottaharper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ottodog
Hmmm, this gets me thinking. I've been pondering whether to go with the Campy upgrade on the Supremo. Co-Motion offers it for $225, over the Dura Ace price, on the Supremo. I initially thought it was $1k which I figured was outrageous since you were already paying for Dura Ace, but at $225 it's pretty tempting. Has anyone done, or seen this from Co-Motion? I called and talked to a lady on the phone, she said it includes 10sp Record shifters, derailers, brake calipers, and I think she said a Centaur cassette?? She also said it comes with different wheels, White Ind. hubs?? So I guess you forgo the Rolf Prima Vigor wheels in favor of wheels with White Ind. hubs. I wonder what rims?? I guess I should have had her clarify, but it almost sounded like she was reading it off a sheet.
According to the Rolf web site, you can get the Primas with a Campy cassette, so you should not have to give up the wheel unless it is just an issue of what CoMotion stocks.

They are probably using the Centaur cassette because it has more loose cogs than the Chorus that uses 6 cogs locked together in pairs compared to 2 for Centaur. I would be interested to know what the range of the cassette was that they were offering.

Thanks for the info,
Scott Harper