Old 01-17-08, 06:39 AM
Chezhoff

Bikes: 2004 Trek 1500, 200? Diamond Back Topanga

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telenick
Last year someone stole all the gel packs from each of the 6 aid stations from the TBP ride. That's probably about 15K worth of gel packs. Sounds like an episode straight from the Sopranos to me.

Moab Skinny Tire Festival - not cheap, but very, very well done. Are you listening TE?

What are some of your favs?
Hey -

Interesting post. I don't share all of your views, but I agree with some of them. I'm annoyed by what the TBP did this year with the waiting list shennanigans and all that.

I'm curious about what you said about the gel packs. I was able to obtain them at every aid station I went to, including the Vail Pass aid station. When were they stolen? Or did this happen before hand and they had to replace them? In any case, you can't really criticize TE for this as they can't really control someone stealing stuff from them...well they could, but I don't think you are supposed to shoot people for stealing gu.

I'd like to try the Moab ride, love that area of the country. However, what's not well done about the actual execution of the TBP? I found it to be well organized, the volunteers/workers were helpful, the aid stations well stocked, the route well marked, etc. I certainly agree that it's expensive, but you said Moab was/is too.

As far as favorites go, I had the time of my life on last year's Triple. Two years ago I did the Santa Cruz Cycling Club's Metric. That was a great ride - though the route was not at all well marked - almost 10k of climbing in 66 miles and they make them thar hills steep.

Just my two cents.

Hoff