Old 01-17-08, 02:18 PM
ghettocruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by atbman
Yes, they are more visible, otherwise there would be an even greater number of complaints about drivers, since they're in the vast majority.
Do you really think that motorists are going to lobby for stepped-up enforcement of motor vehicle laws?

You're right motorists have the same attitude that exists in the cycling community... "we all break the law a little bit, what's the harm really?".. except we have physics working in our favor, they just have majority rule.

I cannot speak for the U.K. but here, as TJ notes, pretty much all road user groups, be it cars, trucks, bikes, or pedestrians, have those that show general contempt for the law, in roughly equal measure. And they all should probably get tickets, but for people to push for enforcement based on so-called flagrancy, rather than safety, is utterly bizarre.

The only motorists that seem particularly upset with my riding are the ones who have to change lanes to pass me. Although some drivers get real upset if I do a complete stop at a stopsign when they are behind me.

And it's odd that everyone is so upset about riding on the sidewalk, given how often drivers scream at me to "get on the sidewalk".