View Single Post
Old 01-17-08, 04:41 PM
scoatw

Bikes: 96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by brotherj
I go down Dublin to Fishinger to Northwestern Blvd to Goodale to Nell to Scioto River bikepath to Broad to Grant to Franklin U. Nice ride, 14 miles each way.

This morning was 27 at 7:00 with a little headwind, but after the first mile it was nice and warm. Trip home this evening was easy, light traffic. Didn't even need the snow tires. I don't know why I listen to the news they make it sound so bad in the morning. My co-workers keep asking if I'm still riding my bike. They can't quite understand.
I know what you mean. I get the same where I work. I tell folks that I'm bound and determined to ride everday, and I have. Snow, Ice, rain. Yesterday I was in BikeSource/Westerville to pick up a new chain and the guys in there asked me how it was 'out there'. I said "it wasn't bad, if you dress for it, you don't feel it". The one guy says "Right,....I don't believe you". I said, "Really, I feel rather comfortable out there." I also mentioned that the clothing crap that they sell won't do squat in the cold. You need X-C Ski clothing (SportHill) to handle the cold stuff. At least that's what I use. Thanks to BikeForums and ICEBIKE. That's what got me ready for this cold stuff. This is my first year of Winter Riding. And I was getting ready way back in Sept. and Oct. I've got this cold-ridin' stuff licked, so I think. When there is snow on the ground, I break out the Nokians'. I keep a separate wheel-set ready when I need it. Working so far.

Last edited by scoatw; 01-17-08 at 04:48 PM.