View Single Post
Old 01-18-08, 12:50 PM
stevegor

Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by saanichbc
I had a bid in on that one.

It was a very very nice example.

But, once it got up to over $250, I had to slap myself across the face to stop from getting into the frenzy wars on it.

I would love to have one in prestine condition to have on hand as an example of what one is like in original condition, but, I'm not going to go broke doing so anymore.

I have another R20 that is going to be modified shortly that my wife is going to use. It will be set up similar to my own R20.

But, again, I guess it's my age now, but I'm starting to wise up. That really is too much to pay for one.

She will have a very special and funky R20 then...lucky girl. What colour will you do it, matching blue or does she like another colour?
I want to do my wife's R20 in the same black as the Wasp, but she's not too keen about it, so I might have too sneak it out to the powder-coaters when she's not looking..... I'm thinking of white hightlights instead of yellow like the Wasp. I have a white saddle already, so maybe having the fenders, chainguard, bidon cages and handgrips in white would look, OK??.