Old 01-18-08, 01:08 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just a note abouit spinning - I belong to LA Fitness and they generally have a good schedule of spin classes but I can't always make the time or that particular class is full so... I just go in on an off time and use a spin bike to do my workout. Now not all gyms allow you access to the spin bikes (most of the LA Fitness clubs don't but there's one near work that does). I actually like this workout better because I can do my own workout (which is generally harder than a spin class), I use my own music (which I enjoy more than the techno stuff the spin instructors use) and I do do a workout geared towards cycling (which some spin instructors have no clue). I generally get in a good 2 hour spin which is equivolent to what I would on the bike outside. Thank goodness for iPods as it makes the time go so fast! I like the spin bikes better than the stationary bikes as they fit me more like my road bike and I can do sustained stands without falling over.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.