Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rnhood
I would be interested in knowing what you people do with your runny nose, assuming yours runs like mine when it's cold. My balaclava gets quite messy and uncomfortable such that I have to stretch it out of the way and just bear the cold. It seems most any other type guard that covered the nose or upper mouth would also get messy. I can't tell if the "Portis" arrangement mitigates this to some extent. Tell me about it Portis.
My method mitigates the issue a bit, but nothing is perfect. I often tell people that there is nothing purdy about winter cycling. The earband worn over the nose puts pressure more on the end of the nose so that helps somewhat. Any nasal drainage for the most part runs down the area between the nose and mouth. However of course there will be some mess on the balaclava but for me it is minimal. I wear the same ear band for several weeks without washing.

Still it requires a good farmers blow from time to time. Again, nothing is perfect, but this is the best i have found and it works well enough that i don't need to look further.