Old 01-24-08, 07:48 PM
mattotoole

Bikes: Klein Quantum Pro w/ Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poguemahone
If you find out when this is up in committe (probably transportation, always a chuckle) post it and I'll try to get down and lobby for it. Although they tend to just squash anything bike related, whine about how the gas tax is too high (even though it doesn't begin to pay for VDOT), and insist that talking on your cellphone while driving is a matter of personal choice (come to think of it, driving drunk is too... maybe they support that), while also making sure the roads are safe for unliscenced drivers by not making the fines too high... gotta love transportation in the Virginia legislature.
That would be great! The more voices they hear it from, the better chance it has of passing.

Say hi to Bud Vye, our lobbyist. In fact look him up beforehand through the link on the Board page of the VBF site. I don't know when they'll be discussing this in committee. Bud might, or maybe Allen.

However if you follow the link to the Transportation Committee that I posted, you'll see that they meet Tuesday after Assembly is adjourned, and Thursday mornings at 8:30. So if anyone wants to drop a note, do it at a convenient time just before -- like Monday or Wednesday.

I'll post some talking points soon.